Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Music News Justin Bieber's Memoir: 10 Awesome Quotes

Sent to you by nelioinac via Google Fast Flip:



Justin Bieber's Memoir: 10 Awesome Quotes

by Jason Lipshutz, NY | October 13, 2010 12:45 EDT Although Justin Bieber has a 3D movie, nail polish line and comic book all in the works, the pop star gave fans "the story of how my world changed so much, so fast" when his autobiography, "First Step 2 Forever: My Story," hit bookstores yesterday. The "100% official" memoir offers a 240-page account of Bieber's humble beginnings, his YouTube stardom and his romantic history, including his first date (at a buffet restaurant!). With a list price of $21.99, "First Step 2 Forever: My Story" is a must-have for Bieber fanatics. Here are ten of our favorite quotes from the autobiography: "Singers aren't supposed to have dairy before a show, but we all know I'm a rule breaker. Pizza is just so good!" -page 15 "The day I was born, March 1, 1994, Celine Dion was solid at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "The Power of Love." Not a bad song to start your life on." -page 26 "Dare to be a sucky skateboarder or a lousy video editor or a completely crappy golfer. If we do only the stuff we're good at, we never learn anything new." -page 52 "Now I'm really glad that I speak French, because, let's face it, girls dig it when a guy speaks French. They call it the language of love, and that ain't no coincidence. Plus, I love my French fans! Très jolie!" -page 60 "Nothing ever got my pulse racing (in a good way) like hockey. Well, nothing except Beyonce, but that wasn't until I was twelve or so. Then, all of a sudden, it was like I opened my eyes one day and noticed that the world is full of beautiful girls, and I've had a hard time thinking about anything else ever since." -page 71 "I got up there and sang my little eighth-grade butt off, thinking this was possibly the greatest moment of my entire life -- of anyone's life -- better than hockey, better than 'Star Wars,' better than Grandma's turkey and gravy." -page 88 "I'd just gotten the ugliest haircut of my life the day before. My trademark swoosh was hacked off into this squarish situation that kind of reminded me of Bart Simpson." -page 124 "I couldn't believe things were finally coming together. I was almost afraid to believe it. The only thing I can compare it to is when I bungee-jumped off a bridge in New Zealand not long ago. It was a long journey to get there, but, at the last minute, there I was. Standing there. Ready. I had no idea what this was going to be like, but I knew it was going to be awesome." -page 143 "If I can do just one-tenth of the good Michael Jackson did for others, I can really make a difference in this world." -page 177 "My foot was broken. In the middle of a song. In front of twelve thousand people. And Taylor Swift. I won't tell you the words that went through my head." -page 199...

Read full story

No comments: