Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lady Gaga Responds To Comparisons Between “Born This Way” & Madonna “Express Yourself”

Lady Gaga Responds To Comparisons Between “Born This Way” & Madonna “Express Yourself”: "

Despite basically cut-and-pasting a classic Madonna song when she wrote her latest single, Lady Gaga decided to thank a pop legend of a more cracked-out kind at Sunday night’s 2011 Grammy Awards. Now the pop diva of the hour is responding to allegations that “Born This Way” is just a modern-day retelling of Madge’s 1989 anthem “Express Yourself.”

The two songs have been seeped in plagiarism allegations since “Born This Way” went viral on Friday, but during an interview with Jay Leno on The Tonight Show Monday, Gaga insisted that The Material Girl has no issue with her song – therefore, neither should anybody else.

“There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me. I am the hugest fan personally and professionally,” Gaga told Jay. “Well, the good news is that I got an email from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be.”

So, what do you think? Is “Born This Way” a rip off or an homage?

Taking the stage to accept her trophy for Best Pop Vocal Album, Gaga even looked like a pointy alien clone of Madonna in the ’80s. But nope, she owed her success to another controversial music icon: Whitney Houston.

“I need to say thankyou tonight to Whitney Houston,” she wobbled during her teary speech. “I wanted to thank Whitney, because when I wrote ‘Born this Way,’ I imagined she was singing it – because I wasn’t secure enough in myself to imagine I was a superstar. So, Whitney, I imagined you were singing ‘Born This Way’ when I wrote it.”

Hot on the heels of her Grammy win, the “Poker Face” singer topped Billboard’s 2011 Money Makers list, with earnings of more than $20 million in 2010.

“Lady Gaga was inescapable in 2010. The pop singer, only a few years removed from her original hair color and shows at small downtown New York venues, so thoroughly dominated the last year that it seemed almost a foregone conclusion that she would top the Money Makers list.”

"

USA FASHION & MUSIC NEWS - DOWNLOAD MUSIC VIDEO LEGALLY

No comments: