Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Adele Goes Off on Father, Vows to "Spit in His Face"

Adele Goes Off on Father, Vows to "Spit in His Face":

In the latest issue of Vogue, despite the impression she might give on her blockbuster album, Adele says she's "bubbly and carefree."


Unless the subject turns to her father, that is.


In just-released excerpts from her interview with the magazine, Adele addresses dad Mark Evans, who recently sold a story to a tabloid in which he goes into detail about his split from Adele's mother.


Adele in Vogue


"He's f-cking blown it," Adele says. "He will never hear from me again. Because there is nothing that would upset me more than my dad being bribed by the press. It's like, 'Just let them run it, then. Don't you give them ammunition.'"


In the tabloid story, Evans even zeroes in on his daughter, speculating that her problems with men stem from his absence.


"It makes me angry," Adele says in response. "How dare you comment on my life?' It makes my blood boil."


Adele's estranged father does say in the piece that he loves his daughter, but this singer isn't having it. Not through such a shameful forum, not when he was paid to talk about such personal topics.


"It blows my mind," Adele says of her dad's declaration of love. "Why are you telling me that through a newspaper? If I ever see him I will spit in his face."



No comments: