Thursday, October 31, 2013

Rumer Willis: Just Jared Spotlight of the Week (Exclusive!)

Rumer Willis: Just Jared Spotlight of the Week (Exclusive!):

Rumer Willis: Just Jared Spotlight of the Week (Exclusive!)
Rumer Willis: Just Jared Spotlight of the Week (Exclusive!)
Rumer Willis shows off her hot bod in this sexy exclusive photo from the latest edition of the Just Jared Spotlight of the Week series, shot by photographer Justin Campbell.
The 25-year-old actress was photographed at the Hollywood hotspot Beacher’s Madhouse and had a blast going for a little ride on the miniature rocking horse.
Rumer is set to make another guest appearance on Hawaii Five-0 tomorrow night (November 1) and chatted with us about what to expect in her return to the series.
“It’s the Halloween episode and I don’t want to give away too much, but we definitely have a little dance number in that as well, which is pretty fun,” Rumer said.
Click inside to read our exclusive interview with Rumer Willis…

Rumer Willis Interview – JustJared.com Exclusive!

Just Jared: You recently did a bit of theater in For The Record: Baz Luhrmann, what was that like?
Rumer Willis: We take his movies, take the soundtracks, and the themes from his films and basically did a musical theater show out of it.
JJ: What was your favorite part of being in the show?
RW: I would say mostly that I got to push myself and outside my comfort zone, because other than going to camp or something like that, I’ve never really done a lot of musical theater. It really sort of forced me to use a different muscle and kind of work on skills that I haven’t really gotten to exercise.
JJ: Would you want to do more theater in the future?
RW: I hope so, yeah. I hope the opportunity presents itself.
JJ: What do you like doing more: theater or film/television?
RW: It’s so different that if I lived in a perfect world, I would love to be able to rotate and do both.
JJ: Speaking of television, it was recently announced that you will be starring in a new pilot with Bethany Joy Lenz. Can you tell us about that?
RW: Yeah, it’s called Songbyrd. I’m Nikki and I’m her younger sister. She’s a very famous songwriter and her character writes for anybody, from Beyonce, Katy Perry, things like that. I’m sort of the assistant/fixer, and help her whole life as of lately, because she’s kind of all over the place and she’s a creative mind.
JJ: Are there other projects that you could share about?
RW: I just did a funny little cameo on a thriller film called Return to Sender, with Shiloh Fernandez and Rosamund Pike. I finished a movie called The Odd Way Home that just got released at the Austin Film Festival. And I’m currently recurring on Hawaii Five-0 and Pretty Little Liars.
JJ: Can you tell us about your upcoming Hawaii Five-0 appearance?
RW: It’s the Halloween episode and I don’t want to give away too much, but we definitely have a little dance number in that as well, which is pretty fun.
JJ: What’s it like being on stage every week performing at the Sayers Club?
RW: You know, it’s been a really amazing experience because I’ve gotten to really have the time on stage and work on my stage presence and being a performer. I feel really lucky that I’ve gotten that opportunity because a lot of young, up and coming singers, they get opportunities to open for really big acts and you might be a little bit nervous. But I feel like by the time I get to that place, I’ll be really comfortable on stage and it’s really fun. It’s a very safe place for me to explore and try new things. I’ve been taking a lot of singing lessons and I quit smoking this year so I’m really proud. I’ve really opened up, I feel like I’ve opened up a lot in my singing, and it just keeps getting better every day.
JJ: What’s the best part of performing with music?
RW: I guess that you just get to try something new. I get to work with such an incredible group of musicians. I have horn players, and we have string players, sometimes we have two drummers, and it’s just really fun. We just get to play around and make cool music, and take songs that people have heard a million times one way and change them into something entirely different.
JJ: Do you have any pre-show or post show rituals?
RW: A lot of my friends usually come. I usually do a soundcheck around 7 and then by the time I perform, I’m usually in the club lounge. So I’ll have dinner with my friends and I have a couple friends that come and hang out with me every week, and we just sit and talk and hang out.
JJ: Do you have any plans to release your own music?
RW: Yeah, I definitely do. I have a couple songs that I’ve written, and one of them is actually in The Odd Way Home, my film that just got released. At some point, yeah. I’m going to continue writing my own music and eventually release a cd and then maybe do a tour.
JJ: Who are your musical influences?
RW: I mean, there’s so many! I don’t even know. I’m really a huge fan of a lot of old jazz, obviously Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, and Stevie Nicks, all that kind of stuff. I’m a huge Florence + The Machine fan. I love Adele, obviously, who doesn’t? I really like My Brighest Diamond and Laura Marling. My music taste ranges anywhere from Prince to Creedance Clearwater to old school rap and a lot of jazz, and a bunch of different things.
JJ: Is there any particular musician or artist out there that you would kind of mold your career after?
RW: Yes, and no. I want to continue and be inspired. But I think the beauty of music is that no matter what, even if I try to mold after someone else, it will always end up being me. So at the end of the day, I just hope that people enjoy what I have to offer.
Producer: Jared Eng (@JaredEng)
Photographer: Justin Campbell (@JustJustinNYC)
Styling: Maeve Reilly (@StyleMEMaeve)
Hair: Scott Cunha (@TheScottyCunha)
Makeup: Desirae Cherman (@desiraecherman)
Interviewer: AJ Pitts (@BigBroYoyo)

No comments: