Monday, November 17, 2014

Hilary Duff Tells Health Magazine She Was 'Way Too Skinny' As A Teen

Hilary Duff Tells Health Magazine She Was 'Way Too Skinny' As A Teen: As cover star of Health's December issue, Hilary Duff told the magazine that she's at a very comfortable place in her life -- with motherhood, her career and her body. But the singer and actress, who rose to fame at a young age thanks to her leading role on Disney Channel's "Lizzie McGuire," says she didn't always feel that way. The 27-year-old got candid with Health about her struggles with her weight as a teen:



When I was 17, I weighed, like, 98 pounds. I was totally obsessed with everything I put in my mouth. I was way too skinny. Not cute. And my body wasn’t that healthy -- my hands would cramp up a lot because I wasn’t getting the nutrition I needed. That constant pressure of wanting something different than I had? I regret that. I feel like there was way too much time spent thinking about that.




Thankfully, these days the mother of one says she's confident with her body:



“This is the body that I have. I have a very athletic build, and I am so proud of what my body has done for me. I had the best, healthiest, strongest pregnancy. And I feel good about myself."



Read the full interview with Hilary Duff here, and pick up a copy of Health's December issue on newsstands November 14.



hilary
Original enclosures:
s-HILARY-DUFF-mini.jpg (image/jpeg)

No comments: