Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wes Anderson Is Having a Fashion Moment

Wes Anderson Is Having a Fashion Moment:

Left, Gucci; Center, Right, Lacoste. Photos: Getty
Left, Gucci; Center, Right, Lacoste. Photos: Getty
First, a confession: I am not a huge Wes Anderson fan. Not because I don't enjoy his work but because I really haven't seen much of it — like, I think I saw "The Royal Tenenbaums" once in college?

But I do know a Wes Anderson reference when I see one (mainly because every Halloween I see at least five Margot Tenenbaums). Of course, sporty French tennis brand Lacoste would be able to easily draw from the Wes Anderson well. But perhaps more surprising was new Gucci creative director Alessandro Michele, who seemed to have an Anderson heroine or two in mind when designing his first ready to wear collection for the brand.

So pack away your backup Left Shark costume: This October, it will be easier and chicer than ever to be Margot Tenenbaum for Halloween.

Though, if you'd rather go for a less mainstream character, according to the more Anderson-familiar on the Fashionista team, Michele's collection was also reminiscent of "Moonrise Kingdom"'s Suzy Bishop:

And "Rushmore"'s Max Fischer:

See it all here.

No comments: