Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hilary Duff Isn't Falling For The Pressure To Be Perfect

Hilary Duff Isn't Falling For The Pressure To Be Perfect: "Perfection" is not something Hilary Duff is striving for.



“There’s so much pressure to always have it together, and I’m not falling for it," Duff told Shape magazine in the May issue. "You see supermodels who have babies, and the next week they look as if they were never pregnant. That was not the case with me. Some days I feel great, others I feel pretty normal, and that’s acceptable.”



The 27-year-old grew up in the public eye when she landed her breakout role on the Disney Channel's "Lizzie McGuire" as a young teen. She felt the pressure to be perfect then, too, which is partly why she's embracing her "Younger" character, Kelsey Peters.



“I embrace the mess," she said. "I had to be careful not to screw up in public as a child actor. So on my new show, 'Younger; … it’s really fun for me to play Kelsey, a 27-year-old book editor whose personal life is a hot mess. She always chooses the wrong guy, drinks way too much, and has to cover for herself the next morning.”



Read more from Duff's interview on Shape.com.



hilary




hilaary




hilary




hilary
-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

Original enclosures:

No comments: