You can buy a silk dress for $500, but as soon as it's labeled "bridal," the price jumps up to $2,500, she added. So when Pape decided a year ago that she wanted to design an all-white collection in her ready-to-wear line's comfortable, versatile and minimalist style, she quickly realized it made sense to enter the market that had disappointed her before. Plus, she already knew some of her customers had worn her white pieces for their weddings.
And just like the rest of the silk pieces in the ready-to-wear collection, the bridal collection is machine washable — with the exception of the A-line gown. "On your wedding day, there's probably a good chance you're going to spill something on your dress, so we didn't want to make it a big deal," says Pape. "Since silk is a machine-washable fiber as long as it's been prewashed, [and] if we are encouraging women to wear these after their wedding day... we didn't feel it was fair to keep them dry-clean only, since we don't usually do that in our normal product line."
See the Elizabeth Pape bridal collection below.
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News Blogger
- PINTEREST USA FASHION - Models Top Models Supermodels Fashion
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION - USA Fashion Google + Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- UNIVERSE PICTURES - Google Images Nature Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET - Google + Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos