The Disney Channel has begun production on its new series “Jessie,” which stars Debby Ryan from “The Suite Life On Deck.” In the show, set to premiere in the fall, Debby plays a teen who moves from Texas to New York City and becomes a nanny for a high-profile couple’s four children.
Also starring in the show are:
- Kevin Chamberlin (Broadway’s “The Addams Family”) as Bertram, the butler
- Peyton List (“27 Dresses,” “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules”) as 13-year-old Emma
- Karan Brar (“Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules”) as 10-year-old Ravi
- Cameron Boyce (“Grown Ups”) as 12-year-old Luke
- Skai Jackson (“Royal Pains”) as 7-year-old
Here is the description of the show from the Disney Channel:
“Jessie is a small town girl with big dreams who embarks on the adventure of a lifetime when she decides to leave behind starry nights for big city lights. Thrilled to be on her own and determined not to be intimidated by New York City, she accepts a job as nanny and moves in with highflying couple Morgan and Pandora and their four children, Emma, Ravi, Luke and Zuri. With a whole new world of opportunities within her reach, Jessie begins to navigate young adulthood and life in the big city. She surprises herself with how much she comes to rely on the support and advice of the kids in her care. Also helping to keep her moral compass in check are Bertram, the family’s butler, and Tony, the building’s 20-year-old doorman.”
We’ll keep you posted when a premiere date for “Jessie” is announced."