Monday, November 17, 2014

Charli XCX Doesn't Care If You Think She's Cool

Charli XCX Doesn't Care If You Think She's Cool:

charli

Sometimes, you just gotta break the rules. We learned that from Charli XCX, who has won over fans and famous musicians alike with her edgy flair and general badassery.



She's the mastermind behind the insanely catchy "Fancy" hook and Icona Pop's totally addictive track, "I Love It." And now, the musician's the center of attention in her very own photo spread and interview in the December/January issue of Seventeen Magazine.



Scroll down for highlights and photos from the feature. Check out the rest of Charli XCX's interview online or in Seventeen's December/January issue, which hits newsstands November 25.



On the future of her career:

“I’m going to build an empire. I'm always writing for someone else. I want to be someone who has her fingerprints all over the pop charts.”



On how her parents coped with her performing at raves:

“My parents knew and would actually come with me. So it was like a weird attempt at rebellion that turned into a family outing. But these were like real, full-on raves and there were lots of drugs and stuff. My mum was kind of freaking out, but they would stand at the back and watch me perform from afar. It was kind of strange, but also cool that they wanted to be a part of it and they were looking out for me.”



On coolness:

“When you’re growing up I think there’s this idea that the coolest people are the ones who are really rude and feverish. But I’ve come to realize that isn’t cool. I think the best people are the ones who are just as nice and fun. This is really cheesy, but you only have one life -- why spend most of it pretending to be cool?”





carli




charli






Original enclosures:
s-CHARLI-mini.jpg (image/jpeg)

No comments: