Monday, June 15, 2015

Victoria Monet, 'Nightmares & Lullabies: Act II': Exclusive EP Premiere

Victoria Monet, 'Nightmares & Lullabies: Act II': Exclusive EP Premiere:

Victoria Monet
Victoria Monét has been sprinkling bits of her upcoming EP, Nightmares & Lullabies: Act II, throughout the blogosphere, garnering attention with her vocal prowess.

A day before the release of the 7-song project, check out the exclusive stream premiering here on The Juice:

"Nightmares & Lullabies is a metaphor for the juxtapositions one's life can display -- bad days vs the best ones and how they can play off of each other," Monét tells Billboard. "It also describes my sound. My voice represents the lullaby, and the tribal undertone in the music is dark like a nightmare."

The follow-up to Nightmares & Lullabies is executive produced by Tommy Brown and features a guest appearance by T.I. ("Mad Generation").

"As crazy as this sounds, the EP makes me feel like a mother," she continues to share. "Strict with standards, protective and critical, but proud and anxious to share the beauty of it. It's in my blood, my DNA, my soul. It's my baby and I worked my butt off to raise it to be the best. When you see the fruits of your labor, you'll just want to make another one."

No comments: