Friday, February 04, 2011

Keith Richard New Memoir “Life" Dishes All the Dirt

Keith Richard New Memoir “Life" Dishes All the Dirt: "






For Rolling Stones fans, Keith Richards is heart and soul of the world’s greatest rock ’n’ roll band. He is a recovering heroin and cocaine addict who survived decades of drug abuse and was voted #1 of rock star most-likely-to die first list. In his new memoir, “Life,” Keith Richard writes about the consequences of fame.





“I can’t untie the threads of how much I played up to the part that was written for me,” he says. “I mean the skull ring and the broken tooth and the kohl. Is it half and half? I think in a way your persona, your image, as it used to be known, is like a ball and chain. People think I’m still a goddamn junkie. It’s 30 years since I gave up the dope! Image is like a long shadow. Even when the sun goes down, you can see it.”







Richards reveals the legendary Rolling Stones stars spent decades feuding because Jagger thought he was 'bigger than the Stones.' Keith Richards and Mick Jagger became rock’s biggest stars together, but as it turns out their success ruin their friendship. Now there just two grumpy old men bickering at one-another.

'It was the beginning of the eighties when Mick started to become unbearable,' Richards writes in the book, adding that Jagger's attitude 'started at first to annoy me and then slowly enraged me.'




On Jagger's relationship with Marianne Faithful, Richards writes, 'She 'had no fun with his tiny todger. I know he's got an enormous pair of balls - but it doesn't quite fill the gap.''




The 66-year-old guitarist says his falling-out with Jagger started when Mick decided to break out on his own.
















'He was pretty tough on me, as far as I'm concerned,' Richards told CBS News. 'He had set himself a separate agenda that didn't include any of us, and riding on the Stones' fame to do it. And I thought that was a cheap shot.'




Though he says 'we're not really friends anymore but we'll always be brothers,' Richards explains his relationship with Jagger is 'like a marriage, with no divorce.'




The epic bad boy waxes nostalgic in the book, saying, 'I used to love Mick, but I haven't been to his dressing room in 20 years…Sometimes I think, 'I miss my friend'. I wonder, 'Where did he go?’'










Spike TV's SCREAM 2009 held at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, California on October 17th, 2009. Keith Richards, Patti Hansen Fame Pictures, Inc









"

USA FASHION & MUSIC NEWS - DOWNLOAD MUSIC VIDEO LEGALLY

No comments: