Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Naomi Campbell Interviews Vladimir Putin (PHOTO)

Naomi Campbell Interviews Vladimir Putin (PHOTO): "

'I don't read the papers. I sell papers,' Naomi Campbell told British GQ's March issue. And she's sure to sell quite a few with her candid discussion on topics how she felt after the Blood Diamond trial ('They tried to affect my work. They said the fashion industry shouldn't use me. But what had I done wrong?'), her anger issues and her past problems with drugs and alcohol. And then, there's an inset in which the supermodel speaks to Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. An article that covers all bases, if you will.



Take a look at some excerpts from her conversation with Vladimir Putin, conducted at the world's first tiger summit in St. Petersburg in November. And scroll down to check out the cover by Vincent Peters.



NC: In the summer you were photographed on a Harley-Davidson at a bikers' festival in Ukraine. How were you received by the bikers, the Night Wolves?

VP: Well, these are really cool guys, really tough guys. One of them was a really courageous person who travelled a few thousand kilometres on a two-wheeler bike. He's a handicapped guy with only one leg - he lost it somewhere in Yugoslavia during the war. I'm not the tough guy, those guys are.

NC: You obviously make a great impression on women. How do you feel about the students who posed for you in the calendar? [Female students at Moscow State University in Russia produced rival calendars for Putin's 58th birthday. First, a group of journalism students in lingerie posed for a calendar with suggestive captions, such as: 'You put out forest fires, but I'm still burning.' Then another group hit back, posing in black, with their mouths taped shut.]

VP: I like the girls a lot, they're beautiful. I like the calendar but it's not the most important thing. As for the other one, well, in almost any country, probably in Russia in particular, it's fashionable to criticise people in power. If you come out in support of someone like me, you're going to be accused of trying to ingratiate yourself. The girls in the erotic calendar were courageous and they were not scared. As student journalists, they couldn't fail to understand what might have been said to them after doing this. Nonetheless, they were not deterred and did the calendar anyway. So, frankly, that's what I liked the most.

NC: You've been known to attend bare-knuckle fights. Ever been in one?

VP: No, it's not my sport; since I was 14, I've done judo. But the bare-knuckle fight I attended was very impressive. These guys are tough. I watched the Russian, French and British teams and each and every one of these athletes deserves great credit. There are even women who do it.

NC: Big women?

VP: Not big, just strong women.




Read the rest at British GQ.

"

USA FASHION & MUSIC NEWS - DOWNLOAD MUSIC VIDEO LEGALLY

No comments: