Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fashion Week - Meet The Muse: Aneta Bartos

Fashion Week - Meet The Muse: Aneta Bartos:


Girl-about-town Natalie Joos spends her days casting for shows like ADAM and Yigal Azrouël and editorials for the likes of Mario Sorrenti and Mariano Vivanco, but her passion is vintage clothing. Joos’ blog, Tales of Endearment, spotlights her “Muses,” impeccably styled girls and guys who share her secondhand obsession. In a new partnership with Style.com, Tales of Endearment’s subjects discuss their shoots right here on Style File.

Photographer Aneta Bartos likes to stay behind the lens, but the Polish-born beauty made an exception for Joos last weekend for their “rogue” photo shoot. Luckily, Bartos had her wardrobe stashed in some of the most unlikely of places. “I even keep clothes in my kitchen cabinets!” she tells Joos, while going into the cabinet for a pair of shoes—now there’s a girl after our own hearts. She might serve up a plate of shoes if you came to her house for dinner, and yet she doesn’t give off the illusion of being fashion-obsessed. (”I’m not looking for anything specific,” she says of her vintage shopping methods. “It’s all about what appeals to me at the moment.”) Rather, she simply has an eye for beauty. “Sometimes I buy things that are so not me, but that I think are too beautiful to let go,” she says of a pair of hardly worn Prada shoes, an impulse purchase she made in the nineties. Here, Bartos opens up to Style.com on her personal style and latest projects.

—Kristin Studeman





It’s officially fashion week. Do you have a fashion week ritual or vice?
Actually, yes, I look at Style.com when I wake up!

That’s always nice to hear. What do you have planned?
I have no idea as of yet. If I make it to any events this fashion week, it will be a miracle, because I’m working on an art project and a collaboration right now, which has a deadline right after fashion week.

Tell me more about those projects.
I’m currently working on an art-piece commission for a restaurant in Soho this month, which is curated by Neville Wakefield, as well as a collaboration with Minden Chan for her new collection. I’m also preparing for two upcoming art shows in January 2012.

How does your work as a photographer influence how you dress?
I tend to go though the stylist’s rack every time I’m shooting, picking up a piece or two to dream about. If I have time, I will even try it on to see if it would be worthy of purchasing in the future.

How would you describe your personal style?
Comfortable chic. I tend to dress up when I go out, though.

Who do you count as style icons?
Counting is a little strong of a word, but I enjoy the personal style of Kate Moss.

What are the signature pieces that you wear?
Some of my favorite items are my motorcycle Balenciaga bag (which is so beat-up now, it’s time for an upgrade), my Alexander McQueen aviator sunglasses.

Finish this thought: What’s old is new again when…
You reinvent.

For more from Aneta’s shoot, visit Tales of Endearment.



Photos: Natalie Joos






No comments: