Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Quirkiest Things We Learned About Models Backstage At The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

The Quirkiest Things We Learned About Models Backstage At The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Today, in the freezing New York City weather, the pink carpet rolled out for the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. The presence of troops in army fatigues, police dogs and just about every PR rep in the biz made it pretty clear that this is one serious event.

In attendance to walk the runway were some of the biggest names in fashion. Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevingne and Adriana Lima ran around backstage in their pink silk robes, while other models like Jourdan Dunn and Lily Aldridge chowed down on the wide selection of food.

So what else happens behind the scenes, besides a lot of selfies, chumming around and hairspray? We got to peek behind the pink curtain and chat with some of our favorite VS models before it all went down. And while we love to know about their beauty routines and what it takes to be a VS girl, we decided to ask them some quirkier (and plain weirder) questions. Check out the most interesting things we learned below.

Lindsay Ellingson

lindsay

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Mexican food.

If you weren't a model, what would you be doing?
I was in college studying biological sciences, so I had dreams of becoming a doctor. Or at least becoming a medical researcher or something like that.

What is your favorite item of clothing you own?
I just got these Gianvito Rossi pumps. I'm really into white this winter for some reason. I'm so tired of black, I feel like I wear black all the time, so I'm changing up my wardrobe with white. I have these white Acne jeans and I got these Gianvito Rossi shoes and a white Acne sweater.

What technology do you hope gets invented in the next 10 years?
A way to edit your Instagrams after they're posted. That should be there now.

Hilary Rhoda

hilary

When was the last time you cried?
I'm an easy crier. Like, commercials will get me. But the last time I cried was over the weekend, watching the Philippines coverage.

What is always in your refrigerator?
Peanut butter M&M's and carrots. My dogs love carrots. I give them carrot treats.

What TV shows do your religiously watch?
I was really into "Homeland," but I haven't seen the last few episodes. And also "Ray Donovan."

Do you have a celebrity role model?
I've always admired Cindy Crawford. She's still modeling today and she's a mother and philanthropist. She's maintained this amazing career over the years and she's got this whole brand, like furniture lines.

Joan Smalls

joan

If you weren't a model what would you be?
A psychologist.

What technology do you hope gets invented in the next 10 years?
Teletransportation. Where you could just close your eyes and you're at the next place without having to travel.

What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
"American Horror Story."

Which do you prefer, boy shorts or thongs?
Brazilian boy shorts.

Jourdan Dunn

dunn

Do you like to shave, wax or laser?
I just tried laser for the first time yesterday, actually, and it was less painful than waxing. So I'd say laser.

What technology do you hope gets invented in the next 10 years?
Our phones should have a button where you can quickly unsend a text message. That would be so amazing.

When was the last time you cried?
I think the last time I cried was last week. I was drunk, and I was crying. Yah, I don't remember, but my friends were like, "Jourdan, you were crying." And I was like "Why?" And they were like, "We don't know." I think it was tears of joy because it was when I won "Model of the Year," so I was was emotional and drunk. It was happy tears.

What is the least glamorous part of your job?
Waking up mad early and squeezing your feet into shoes that don't fit -- like, two sizes too small. And then having not good-looking feet.

Do you have a celebrity role model?
Beyoncé. Not just because she's beautiful and she sings but because when I did the [music] video, watching her interact with people, she always looks people in the eye -- her work ethic is crazy.

Adriana Lima

lima

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Spaghetti Bolognese.

What technology do you hope gets invented in the next 10 years?
I'm so bad with technology, I hope we go back to writing in notebooks.

What TV shows do your religiously watch?
"The Good Wife."

What is the least glamorous part of your job?
I think it's traveling. Commercial planes.

Which do you prefer, flats or heels?
Flats.

Behati Prinsloo

behati

What technology do you hope gets invented in the next 10 years?
A mermaid tail that you can actually swim in. Like a real, legit one to make you a mermaid. Because they have some [right now], but they aren't very good. [Ed. note: They do??]

What is always in your refrigerator?
Water, juice, eggs, butter and... ketchup.

What is the least glamorous part of your job?
All the traveling. Being in a plane, in an airport, in sweatpants and sneakers, half your makeup is on, half of it is off.



Want more? Be sure to check out HuffPost Style on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostStyle.

No comments: