Monday, February 09, 2015

Katy Perry on Super Bowl: 'God Said, 'You Got This''

Katy Perry on Super Bowl: 'God Said, 'You Got This'':

Katy Perry got some last minute encouragement from the big man upstairs before her performance at last week's Super Bowl Halftime Show — a message confirmed and reiterated by a corporeal form while she was onstage.

"I was praying and I got a word from God and he says, ‘You got this and I got you,'" Perry told E!'s Ryan Seacrest on the Red Carpet before the Grammy Awards. "And then I was on top of the lion and a random guy looked at me with a headset that I’d never communicated with before, he looked me straight in the eyes and said 'You got this.' And I was like, 'Oh, that’s God confirming I can do this!'"

Perry also detailed the exhaustive amount of work that went into her halftime performance. "We got to prepare for a whole month," she said. "Before I stepped on that stage last Sunday at the Super Bowl I had done it over 40 times, so it was almost like I was so used to it — that's why people were saying that I looked so relaxed... I overprepared myself and did a lot of prayer and meditation." Even with all that practice, Perry was so determined to keep a cool, clear head before her performance that she declined to watch any of the big game until it was over.

Though it's only been a week since her Super Bowl Halftime Show, Perry will take the stage at the Grammys for a performance of Prism closer "By the Grace of God." Perhaps in response to the criticism the NFL has come under this year for its poor handling of domestic abuse cases involving high profile players, Perry has enlisted activist and domestic abuse survivor, Brooke Axtell, to read a written-word piece during her Grammys performance.

Perry was also nominated for two Grammys this year, though her single with Juicy J, "Dark Horse," was already bested by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera's "Say Something" for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Original enclosures:


No comments: