Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hear Glen Campbell's Daughter Ashley Sing Poignant 'Remembering'

Hear Glen Campbell's Daughter Ashley Sing Poignant 'Remembering':

Ashley Campbell, the daughter of pop-country icon Glen Campbell, will release her debut single to radio and iTunes on Monday, June 29th. The poignant "Remembering," which she co-wrote, will be released on Dot Records, the revitalized imprint that's part of the Big Machine Label Group.

A longtime member of her famous father's touring band, which also included her brothers Shannon and Cal, the multi-instrumentalist accompanied her dad both on and offstage during the entertainer's Goodbye Tour after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2011.

"I wrote it with my good friend, Kai Welch," Campbell tells Rolling Stone Country of the heartbreakingly honest tune. "I came up with the idea and the melody when I was living with my mom and dad in Malibu a couple of years ago. I wanted to write something that expressed to my dad how much I wanted him to feel safe. . . that he didn't have to worry; I'll take care of him when he can't take care of himself. When you're little, your parents take care of you and make the world not such a scary place. As you get older, those relationships change and kind of swap places. The kids are the ones taking care of the parents and making sure the world's not a scary place for them."

The new single is a slightly more uptempo version of the song that was first introduced in Glen Campbell… I'll Be Me, the Oscar-nominated documentary about the Country Music Hall of Fame member's pioneering career and his personal battle with Alzheimer's.

The release of "Remembering" follows the television debut of I'll Be Me via CNN Films, in partnership with Eli Lilly and Co.. The film will be presented with limited commercial interruptions this Sunday, June 28th, at at 9:00 p.m. ET on CNN.

Ashley is currently in the studio recording more new music with Grammy-winning producer Julian Raymond, the co-writer (with Glen Campbell) of the Academy Award-nominated (and Grammy-winning) "I'm Not Gonna Miss You," the superstar performer's final recording, which was featured in Glen Campbell…I'll Be Me.

Original enclosures:

No comments: