Saturday, November 21, 2015

Kate Middleton Gave a Rare Public Speech in Matthew Williamson

Kate Middleton Gave a Rare Public Speech in Matthew Williamson:

The Duchess of Cambridge and Place2Be Chief Executive Catherine Roche. Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
The Duchess of Cambridge and Place2Be Chief Executive Catherine Roche. Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Since marrying Prince William in 2011, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, has rarely spoken in public. But on Wednesday morning, the often seen (but rarely heard) Kate Middleton gave a public speech about child mental health at the Place2Be Headteacher Conference titled, "My Head Is Too Full," in London. (The Duchess is a patron of Place2Be, an organization that offers counseling services in schools.)

In front of a crowd of senior leaders from Place2Be partner schools, the Duchess explained: "I often get asked why I decided to spend time highlighting the mental health of children. I imagine my answer might be similar to many of yours. I know that I was lucky. My parents and teachers provided me with a wonderful and secure childhood where I always knew I was loved, valued and listened to... I have seen time and time again that the roots of poor mental health in adulthood are almost always present in unresolved childhood challenges." See, Kate? That wasn't so bad.

Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
For the occasion, the Duchess wore a gray wool dress with jeweled collar and sleeves by Matthew Williamson — a nice bit of publicity for the British designer, who recently downsized his business. Middleton previously wore the dress at the 2012 premiere of "African Cats" with the same exact green clutch and shoes — a suggestion, perhaps, that she's just like the rest of us. (Liz Lemon eyeroll.)

Kate Middleton at the premiere of "African Cats" in 2012. Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Kate Middleton at the premiere of "African Cats" in 2012. Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Homepage photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images

No comments: