Thursday, February 12, 2015

Kendall Jenner Goes Glamazon for 'Allure'

Kendall Jenner Goes Glamazon for 'Allure':

Photo: Mario Testino/Allure Photo: Mario Testino/Allure
Can you remember what your life was like before the Kardashian-Jenner family took over every inch of the popular culture stratosphere? Think really hard. No? Yeah... neither can we.

Anyway... Kendall Jenner -- 19-year-old half-sister to Kim et al, daughter of Kris and Bruce, sister-in-law of Kanye West, etc etc -- is the cover girl of Allure's March 2015 issue. She looks beautiful.

Photographed by Mario Testino, the shoot sees KJ looking like a glamazon supermodel from the '70s/'80s, decked out in giant bouncy curls and several skimpy maillots by Versace, Agent Provocateur and Hermès. The capuchin monkey that played Ross Geller's pet Marcel on "Friends" also stopped by for a few pics.

Sadly, Marcel's schedule was a bit too tied up for him to hang around for the accompanying interview -- but Jenner's does have a few morsels worth noting, like...

She's bad at making eye contact.

"I had just started ninth grade when I got my acne," she says. "And I had braces. I wouldn't look people in the eye. It was not a good time for me—it just killed my self-esteem. I thought when I didn't look at someone, they couldn't see my face." 
Like, REALLY bad.

"I still have a hard time looking at someone when I'm talking to them, and I get nervous."
She doesn't have any tattoos because her sister compared her to an expensive automobile.

"And my sister Kim always said, 'Don't put a bumper sticker on a Bentley.'"
Photo: Mario Testino/Allure Photo: Mario Testino/Allure
She loves animals.

(Good thing she loves animals.)
Marc Jacobs thinks she's the ultimate. Quoth:

"Kendall is everything a model should be: interesting, charismatic, and most importantly, she looks great in the clothing."
She didn't want her family to see her walk for Jacobs.

"I didn't need it to be a family affair," she says, almost apologetically. "As selfish as this sounds, I wanted the attention to be on me for five seconds rather than my family. If they were sitting front row, it would have been all about, 'Oh, Kim goes to Kendall's first fashion show!'" Jenner pauses. Her modeling career is still in its infancy, and she is careful not to jinx it. 
She loves Kim, though. Honest!

Then, in almost a whisper, she adds, "I love Kim, but for a minute I wanted it to be like, 'OK, this is [Kendall's] thing—she's taking it seriously.'"
Photo: Mario Testino/Allure Photo: Mario Testino/Allure
Head to Allure for more.

No comments: