Friday, February 06, 2015

Rihanna Literally Swam with Sharks for Her 'Harper's Bazaar' Cover

Rihanna Literally Swam with Sharks for Her 'Harper's Bazaar' Cover:

Photo: Norman Jean Roy for Harper's Bazaar Photo: Norman Jean Roy for Harper's Bazaar
Rihanna has that whole badass, "I don't give a f*ck" attitude down pat, but if you ever thought it was purely an affectation, look no further than her brand new March 2015 cover shoot for Harper's Bazaar. The pop star, who just released the first single off of her upcoming album, is featured in a wild fashion spread by Norman Jean Roy — one that required her to actually get in the water and swim with sharks at an aquarium in Tampa, Florida.

The concept was inspired by the 40th anniversary of "Jaws," but also, by life. "I try my best to avoid the sharks of life, but I have had my share of experiences with them," Rihanna tells Harper's Bazaar Executive Editor Laura Brown in the cover story. "In those cases I just have to handle them accordingly. But I do not swim with sharks… sharks swim with sharks."

Between this shoot and the Internet hysteria caused by Katy Perry's dancing sharks at the Super Bowl, we can only hope that the trend permeates the collections during Fashion Month. Watch a behind-the-scenes clip from RiRi's shoot below, and pick up the March issue of Bazaar when it hits newsstands on Feb. 17.

No comments: